|Child (age 3 to 11)||$55|
|Infant (age 2 and under)||Free|
|Solo Adult Participant||$120|
Eat with locals in Casablanca, Morocco! This is your opportunity to experience the pleasures of being an honored guest in a Moroccan home, where a talented home cook will welcome you and serve you a traditional family-style meal with all the normal fixings. This will be the main meal of the day, so come hungry.BOOK NOW
Moroccan hospitality is world-famous and so is the food. You’ll be treated to both from the moment you step foot inside your host’s home for this private culinary experience. Your family-style lunch or dinner will include two Moroccan main dishes along with an assortment of salads and sides featuring fresh, seasonal ingredients. Following tradition, Moroccan bread will be served to use in place of utensils, but don’t worry, you’ll have your own place settings if you don’t wish to eat by hand. After the meal sip on glasses of Moroccan mint tea and sample traditional Moroccan cookies.
Menus will be seasonal and vary by host. Here are some of the authentic Moroccan dishes you might try:
♦ Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives
♦ Lamb or Beef with Prunes or Other Dried Fruits
♦ Berber Tagine with Meat and Vegetables
♦ Stuffed Sardines – butterflied fillets are stuffed with chermoula
♦ Moroccan Meatball Tagine – mini-meatballs in homemade tomato sauce
♦ Stewed Lentils – cooked with herbs and Moroccan spices
♦ Zaalouk – A dip-like cooked salad of eggplant and tomatoes
♦ Taktouka – A shakshuka-like salad of tomatoes and peppers
♦ Assorted vegetable salads – Chermoula marinade is a favorite treatment
♦ Khobz – crusty Moroccan bread which is shaped into round, flattish loaves
– This experience may not be wheelchair or stroller accessible due to stairs in some of our hosts’ homes. Please let us know when booking if you need to avoid stairs.
– You will be asked about food and menu preferences during booking. This helps us to plan your menu.
– We can accommodate certain dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. However, cross-contamination always remains a possibility. Please keep this in mind if you have a serious or life-threatening allergy. If you have other concerns, please contact us before booking to be sure that the meal can be adapted to your needs.
– Traveling alone? We’d love to have you! Please select the Solo Participant option when booking.
– Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
You’ll meet at your host’s home at 1:00 p.m. for lunch or 7:00 p.m. for dinner. We’ll send you an email several days before your experience to provide an exact address, host contact details, and to suggest transportation options. If you’d like us to provide transportation to and from your meal, please select that option when booking.
Large Groups or Custom Scheduling
This in-home meal with locals is a private lunchtime or dinnertime experience normally limited to 6 participants. If you prefer to schedule your meal for a custom start time or need to book a large group, please make your request using the form on our Private Events page.