A private Ramadan food and culture experience in Casablanca with a licensed guide!
You’ll connect with your guide an hour or so before sunset, then venture off the beaten path to see streets empty out as people hurry home to break their fast. Next, you’re off to join locals for a traditional Moroccan iftar in a local restaurant.
Afterward, it’s time for more walking and eating! Your guide will take you deep into the backstreets of an urban neighborhood where city streets come alive on Ramadan nights. There will be plenty of street food to sample as you make your way past stalls, carts, vendors, and local shops.
You may even pass by a local mosque and see the faithful lined up in rows for special Ramadan prayers called taraweh.BOOK NOW
This is a private walking food tour led by a licensed Moroccan guide. Please come hungry and wear comfortable shoes! Taxi, rideshare, or private transportation will be provided during the tour if needed.
This experience is ideal for those who want to explore local Casablanca life and Moroccan street food in Ramadan away from touristy spots. Food tastings vary by tour route but typically include:
♦ Sweet and savory Moroccan pastries
♦ Deep fried and stove top specialty breads
♦ Harira or other traditional Moroccan soup
♦ Moroccan pancakes and crepes
♦ Traditional Moroccan specialty and family-style dishes
♦ Market and street vendor tastings
♦ Juice, Moroccan mint tea, and bottled water
♦ Cookies, pastries, and other sweets
During booking, we ask where you’ll be staying so that we can make your meeting point as convenient to your accommodations as possible. We’ll update you with details by separate email.
– The tour involves a moderate amount of walking in an urban area. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to be on your feet for two or more hours.
– We run the tour rain or shine. Please be prepared for the weather and carry an umbrella if there’s a chance of rain.
– This tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues but we can modify the tour upon request. Expect curbs, uneven pavement, and occasional crowded spaces. We’ll encounter some steps but not long flights of stairs.
– We cannot guarantee quick access to a public bathroom for the duration of the experience (3 hours) but we’ll locate one upon request. Please keep this in mind, particularly if bringing children.
– Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We’re sorry, but booster seats and high chairs are not likely to be available.
– This is a private food and cultural experience for the booking party.
– This experience is not recommended for those on gluten-free diets. We’ll do our best to accommodate dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, vegan, or dairy-free. Those with nut allergies should be aware that some dishes or pastries may contain nuts, so cross-contamination is a risk.