Get off the beaten path and eat like a local on our Casablanca Street Food Tour! Your unique lunchtime or dinnertime adventure begins in the calm, scenic setting of one of Casablanca’s famous historic quarters. But don’t be fooled! We’ll soon work our way deep into the side streets and markets of a bustling urban neighborhood, where you’ll experience Moroccan food and culture in a very authentic way.
The Casablanca Street Food Tour runs as a lunchtime experience November through April, and as an evening dinnertime experience May through October. It’s designed for small groups so that you have as personalized an experience as possible.
This is a walking food tour with lots of eating, so please come hungry and wear comfortable shoes! Accompanied by a licensed guide, you’ll see what the Casablanca street food scene is all about — from take-out family style meals and specialty dishes, to food stall snacks and sandwiches, to Moroccan grills set up next to butcher shops, and everything in between. Along the way your guide will share tidbits of local history as well as cultural and culinary highlights about the foods you see and try.
This Moroccan food tour is perfect for those who want to get away from touristy spots and try authentic Moroccan street food. No fancy restaurant or hotel embellishments here! Food tastings typically include:
♦ Traditional savory pastries from a Casablanca icon
♦ A classic street food sandwich
♦ Traditional Moroccan juices and beverages (more than just mint tea!)
♦ Market and street vendor tastings
♦ North African spiced sausages and other grilled fare (even camel meat, if you like!)
♦ Deep fried and stove top specialty breads
♦ Juice, Moroccan tea and bottled water
♦ Additional tastings offered to adventurous eaters!
♦ A sweet ending
– The tour involves a moderate amount of walking in an urban area. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to be on your feet for three hours. Be prepared for local crowds as we move into non-touristy areas.
– We run the tour rain or shine. Please be prepared for the weather and carry umbrellas if there’s a chance of rain.
– Most of the tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible, but city streets can be difficult to navigate. Expect curbs, uneven pavement and crowded spaces. We will encounter some steps, but not long flights of stairs.
– We cannot guarantee quick access to a public bathroom for the duration of the experience (3.5 hours). Please keep this in mind, particularly if bringing children.
– Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We’re sorry, but booster seats and high chairs are not likely to be available.
– A minimum of two adults is required for the tour to run. Solo participants are welcome to join a tour that has existing bookings, or they may buy two adult places to guarantee that a new tour will run for them. If you’re a solo participant who chooses the second option, please let us know in the comments field when booking; should another party book on the same day, we’ll refund your second ticket after the tour has taken place.
– This experience is not suitable for vegetarians, vegans or those on gluten-free diets. Food tastings include chicken and red meats as well as breads and other flour-based products. Some dishes or pastries may contain nuts.
Join a local in their Casablanca home for good food and conversation. You’ll be sitting down to an impressive family style Moroccan meal complete with main dishes, sides, salads and dessert.
Tantalize your senses on a guided walking tour of Casablanca’s Central Market and nearby sites. Afterwards, sit down to an incredible lunchtime feast of fresh fish and seafood.
Experience the weekly tradition of Casablanca Couscous with Seven Vegetables. Start with a market tour to shop for fresh ingredients, then head to a Moroccan home to make this impressive, classic dish.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.