Get off the beaten path and eat like a local on our Casablanca Evening Street Food Tour! Your unique dinnertime adventure begins in the scenic setting of one of Casablanca’s famous historic quarters. But don’t be fooled! We’ll soon work our way deep into the side streets and markets of a bustling urban neighborhood, where you’ll experience Moroccan food and culture in a very authentic way.
This is a walking food tour with lots of eating, so please come hungry and wear comfortable shoes! Accompanied by a licensed guide, you’ll see what the evening Casablanca street food scene is all about — from take-out family style meals and specialty dishes, to food stall snacks and sandwiches, to Moroccan grills set up next to butcher shops, and everything in between. Along the way your guide will share tidbits of local history as well as cultural and culinary highlights about the foods you see and try.
This Moroccan food tour is perfect for those who want to get away from touristy spots and try authentic Moroccan street food. No fancy restaurant or hotel embellishments here! Food tastings include:
♦ Traditional savory pastries from a Casablanca icon
♦ A classic street food sandwich
♦ Traditional Moroccan juices and beverages (more than just mint tea!)
♦ Market and street vendor tastings
♦ Traditional dairy specialties
♦ North African spiced sausages and other grilled fare (even camel meat, if you like!)
♦ Deep fried and stove top specialty breads
♦ Juice, Moroccan tea and bottled water
♦ Additional tastings offered to adventurous eaters!
♦ A sweet ending
– The tour involves a moderate amount of walking in an urban area. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to be on your feet for three hours. Also be prepared for local crowds as we move into non-touristy areas.
– We run the tour rain or shine. Please be prepared for the weather. Sunny winter days can quickly turn cold at night!
– Most of the tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible, but city streets can be difficult to navigate. Expect curbs, uneven pavement and crowded spaces. We will encounter some steps, but not long flights of stairs.
– We cannot guarantee quick access to a public bathroom for the duration of the experience (3.5 hours). Please keep this in mind, particularly if bringing children.
– Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. We’re sorry, but booster seats and high chairs will not be available.
– A minimum of two adults is required for the tour to run.
– Solo participants are welcome to join a tour that has existing bookings, or they may buy two adult places to guarantee that a new tour will run for them. If you’re a solo participant who chooses the second option, please let us know in the comments field when booking; should another party book on the same day, we’ll refund your second ticket after the tour has taken place.
– This experience is not suitable for vegetarians, vegans or those on gluten-free diets. Food tastings include fish, chicken and red meats as well breads and other flour-based products. Some dishes or pastries may contain nuts.
Meet locals and learn to make a variety of traditional Moroccan dishes at a private in-home Moroccan cooking class. Choose a lunchtime or dinnertime experience. A market tour is available as an add-on.
Be a guest of honor at a traditional Moroccan iftar in a Casablanca home. You’ll enjoy an assortment of sweet and savory foods as you learn about Ramadan and Moroccan traditions.
Tantalize your senses on a guided walking tour of Casablanca’s Central Market and nearby sites. Afterwards, sit down to an incredible lunchtime feast of fresh fish and seafood.