Take in some Casablanca sights and then see how the locals shop at Marché Central, one of Casablanca’s well-known urban markets. We’ll wrap things up in the fish market, where an abundance of fresh fish and seafood awaits you. Your selections will be cooked to order at a nearby casual restaurant where you can also order salads and other sides. A fun and fantastic experience.
Wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be walking around Casablanca’s Central Market, one of the city’s oldest and most popular markets. Accompanied by a licensed guide, you’ll visit nearby sites for a cultural tour and return to the market to see the way locals shop for meats, fruits, vegetables, spices, housewares and more. Along the way we’ll sample some street food, but the real eating takes place at the end of your tour when we arrive at the fish market, where we’ll choose from the vast offerings for a custom seafood lunch. We’ll bring our selections around the corner to a nearby restaurant and have them cooked to order. This type of experience is extremely popular with Moroccans who are fortunate enough to live in coastal areas.
This experience is perfect for fish and seafood lovers! Depending on market availability, you might try:
Raw Oysters – pucker up and have some fun!
Crab Meat – picked and ready to eat, no messy shells to deal with
Calamari – fried or grilled
Shrimp – pan-grilled in the shell or cooked pil pil style in tomato sauce
Swordfish, salmon and other fish – cooked a la plancha with herbs and butter
Sardines – stuffed or plain, fried or pan-grilled
Fried Whiting – simple, tender and delicious
Traditional Fish Tagine – can be prepared with eel
Other Fish and Seafood – you help select
Moroccan Salads – no meal is complete without them
Moroccan Bread – a must on nearly every table
– The tour involves a moderate amount of walking in an urban area. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to be on your feet for up to two hours.
– The market itself is wheelchair and stroller accessible but city streets can be difficult to navigate. Expect curbs, uneven pavement and occasional tight spaces.
– We cannot guarantee quick access to a public bathroom for the duration of the experience (3 to 3.5 hours) but will locate one for you upon request. Please keep this in mind, particularly if bringing children.
– Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Booster seats and high chairs will not be available.
– A minimum of two adults is required for the tour to run.
– Solo participants are welcome to join a tour that has existing bookings, or they may buy two adult places to guarantee that a new tour will run for them. If you’re a solo participant who chooses the second option, please let us know via our contact form; should another party book on the same day, we’ll refund your second ticket after the tour has taken place.
Want to keep the tour private for your family or group? You’ll find that option when booking online. If you can’t find an open date or need a tour for a group of more than 8 people, please contact us via the form on our Private Events page.
One Half Day Extension per tour is available. Once confirmed, it entitles the booking party (up to 6 participants) to four hours of sightseeing with a licensed guide, driver and private vehicle after the seafood lunch concludes. Your itinerary is flexible and you are welcome to request shopping assistance, but please note that we can’t negotiate prices, particularly for large or big-ticket items such as rugs, furniture, paintings and other decor items.
Experience the weekly tradition of Casablanca Couscous with Seven Vegetables. Start with a market tour to shop for fresh ingredients, then head to a Moroccan home to make this impressive, classic dish.
An all-inclusive, full day experience that combines sightseeing with cultural and culinary activities. Perfect for those on a Casablanca shore excursion or for travelers looking for Casablanca arrival or departure activities.
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take in the sights on a coastal drive along Casablanca’s corniche. Our destination? A fabulous lunchtime spread of grilled meats, offal, tagines and more.