|Child (age 3 to 11)||$75|
|Infant (age 2 and under)||Free|
|Private Tours Available|
Our original fusion of sightseeing, art deco tour, street food tastings, and incredible seafood market lunch!
Take in some Casablanca urban sights on a guided cultural and art deco tour, then see how the locals shop at Marché Central, one of Casablanca’s well-known urban markets.
We’ll wrap things up in the fish market, where an abundance of fresh fish and seafood awaits you. Your selections will be cooked to order at a nearby casual restaurant where you can also order salads and other sides. A fun and fantastic experience.
After lunch, we’ll head over to the Old Medina for a short walking tour and dessert.
Wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be walking around Casablanca’s Central Market, one of the city’s oldest and most popular markets. Accompanied by a licensed guide, you’ll visit nearby sites for a cultural and art deco tour then return to the market to see the way locals shop for meats, fruits, vegetables, spices, housewares, and more. Along the way we’ll sample some street food, but the real eating takes place at the fish market, where we’ll choose from the vast offerings for a custom seafood lunch. We’ll bring our selections around the corner to a nearby restaurant and have them cooked to order. This type of experience is extremely popular with Moroccans who are fortunate enough to live in coastal areas.
This experience is perfect for fish and seafood lovers! In addition to street food snack tastings, you might try (depending on market availability):
♦ Raw Oysters – pucker up and have some fun!
♦ Crab Meat – picked and ready to eat, no messy shells to deal with
♦ Calamari – fried or grilled
♦ Shrimp – pan-grilled in the shell or cooked pil pil style in tomato sauce
♦ Swordfish, salmon and other fish – cooked a la plancha with herbs and butter
♦ Sardines – stuffed or plain, fried or pan-grilled
♦ Fried Whiting – simple, tender and delicious
♦ Traditional Fish Tagine – can be prepared with eel
♦ Other Fish and Seafood – you help select
♦ Moroccan Salads – no meal is complete without them
♦ Moroccan Bread – a must on nearly every table
♦ Moroccan bean, lentil or chicken dishes – usually available at the market
– The tour involves a moderate amount of walking in an urban area. Wear comfortable shoes and expect to be on your feet for up to two hours before lunch and additional time afterward.
– The market itself is wheelchair and stroller accessible but city streets can be difficult to navigate. Expect curbs, uneven pavement and occasional tight spaces.
– We cannot guarantee quick access to a public bathroom for the duration of the experience (3 to 3.5 hours) but we’ll locate one for you upon request. Please keep this in mind, particularly if bringing children.
– Children under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Booster seats and high chairs may not be available.
– A minimum of two adults is required for the tour to run.
– Solo participants are welcome to join a tour that has existing bookings, or they may buy two adult places to guarantee that a new tour will run for them. If you’re a solo participant who chooses the second option, please let us know in the comments field when booking; should another party book on the same day, we’ll refund your second ticket after the tour has taken place.