|Child (age 3 to 11)||$55|
|Infant (age 2 and under)||Free|
|Solo Adult Participant||$120|
Are you visiting Morocco during Ramadan? Then you’re in for a cultural and culinary treat as you sit down to a traditional Moroccan iftar in a Casablanca home! Your meal with locals begins at sunset, when the day of fasting officially ends. Enjoy an assortment of traditional Moroccan finger foods, sweet and savory pastries, harira soup, dates and more.
This private meal with locals is the perfect opportunity to feel the spirit of Ramadan and experience world famous Moroccan hospitality, culture and cuisine — all in the welcoming atmosphere of a Casablanca home. After you arrive at your host’s home, you’ll have time to chat and get to know each other as you wait for the adhan, the call to prayer at sunset. At that moment, fasting for the day is officially over and eating can begin. The meal served to break the fast at sunset is known globally as iftar, but in Morocco many refer to it as ftour. It typically includes a mix of sweet and savory foods, breads, pastries, dried fruits, juices or milkshakes, soup, sandwiches and possibly even a salad and brochettes. Your spread of food will be more than enough to suffice as dinner.
Menus will vary by host. Here are some of the authentic Moroccan dishes and Ramadan favorites you might try:
♦ Harira – Morocco’s famous tomato, lentil and chickpea soup
♦ Beghrir – spongy semolina pancakes served with butter and honey
♦ Moroccan beignets – light donuts often filled with jam
♦ Msemen – plain or stuffed, square-shaped pan-fried crepes
♦ Briouats – Savory nem-like pastries
♦ Batbout – a pita-like bread stuffed with sandwich fillers
♦ Kebabs – Moroccan-seasoned brochettes
♦ Mini-pizzas, quiches, and other finger food
♦ Assorted French viennoiseries
♦ Classic milkshakes or juice blends
– This event only takes place during the month of Ramadan. Booking dates for Ramadan 2019 are May 8 to June 1.
– This experience is not wheelchair or stroller accessible due to stairs in our hosts’ homes.
– Your host may be able to accommodate certain dietary requests or restrictions such as vegetarian, dairy-free and nut-free. However, cross contamination always remains a possibility. Please keep this in mind if you have a serious or life-threatening allergy. If you have concerns, please contact us before booking to be sure that the meal can be adapted to your needs and to find out whether you will need to book privately.
– Traveling alone? We’d love to have you! Please select the Solo Participant option when booking.
– Children are welcome! Young attendees under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
You’ll meet at your host’s home at 7:00 p.m. We’ll send you an email several days before your event to provide an exact address and suggest transportation options. If you’d like us to provide transportation to and from the iftar, please select that option when booking.
Join a local in their Casablanca home for good food and conversation. You’ll be sitting down to an impressive family style Moroccan meal complete with main dishes, sides, salads and dessert.