|Child (age 3 to 11)||$60|
|Child (age 2 and under)||Free|
|Solo Adult Participant||$140|
Are you visiting Morocco during Ramadan? Then you’re in for a cultural and culinary treat as you sit down to a traditional Moroccan iftar in a Casablanca home. You’ll eat with locals at sunset, when the day of fasting officially ends. Enjoy an assortment of traditional Moroccan finger foods and pastries, harira soup, dates and other dried fruits, and more.
This private meal with locals is the perfect opportunity to feel the spirit of Ramadan and experience world famous Moroccan hospitality, culture and cuisine — all in the welcoming atmosphere of a Casablanca home. After you arrive at your host’s home, you’ll have time to chat and get to know each other as you wait for the adhan, the call to prayer at sunset. At that moment, fasting for the day is officially over and eating can begin. The meal served to break the fast at sunset is known globally as iftar, but in Morocco many refer to it as ftour. It typically includes a mix of sweet and savory foods, breads, pastries, dried fruits, juices or milkshakes, soup, sandwiches and possibly even a salad and brochettes. Your spread of food will be more than enough to suffice as dinner.
Menus will vary by host. Here are some of the authentic Moroccan dishes and Ramadan favorites you might try:
Harira – Morocco’s famous tomato, lentil and chickpea soup
Beghrir – spongy semolina pancakes served with butter and honey
Moroccan beignets – light donuts often filled with jam
Msemen – plain or stuffed, square-shaped pan-fried crepes
Briouats – Savory nem-like pastries
Batbout – a pita-like bread stuffed with sandwich fillers
Kebabs – Moroccan-seasoned brochettes
Mini-pizzas, quiches, and other finger food
– This event only takes place during the month of Ramadan. Booking dates for Ramadan 2019 are May 8 to June 1.
– This experience is not wheelchair or stroller accessible due to stairs in our hosts’ homes.
– Your host may be able to accommodate certain dietary requests or restrictions such as vegetarian, dairy-free and nut-free. However, cross contamination always remains a possibility. Please keep this in mind if you have a serious or life-threatening allergy. If you have concerns, please contact us before booking to be sure that the meal can be adapted to your needs and to find out whether you will need to book privately.
– Traveling alone? We’d love to have you! Please select the Solo Participant option when booking.
– Children are welcome! Young attendees under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
You’ll meet at your host’s home at 7:00 p.m. We’ll send you an email several days before your event to provide an exact address and suggest transportation options.
Join a local in their Casablanca home for good food and conversation. You’ll be sitting down to an impressive family style Moroccan meal complete with entrées, sides, salads and dessert.
An all-inclusive, full day experience that combines sightseeing with cultural and culinary activities. Perfect for those on a Casablanca shore excursion or for travelers looking for Casablanca arrival or departure activities.
An exclusive in-home experience for ladies only! Join a Moroccan hostess in her private riad for a traditional tea time ceremony and intimate cultural exchange.