Pull up your sleeves and learn to prepare an array of traditional dishes at a private Moroccan cooking class! Be sure to come with a hearty appetite as you’ll be feasting on the fruits of your labor – a Moroccan family style meal including two main dishes, several sides, homemade Moroccan bread and dessert.
This is a half-day class structured around lunchtime or dinnertime. After welcoming you, your instructor will describe the menu based on fresh seasonal produce and popular traditional fare. You can be hands-on as much as you like or simply sit back and observe the cooking process while you learn about Moroccan seasoning, key ingredients, Moroccan food traditions and more. This is a relaxed, fun and intimate way to learn authentic Moroccan home cooking. The class concludes by sitting down to the meal you helped prepare.
You’ll be able to specify some food preferences while booking. Unless you request a specialty dish, menus are seasonal and will vary by instructor. Here are some of the authentic Moroccan dishes you might try:
– Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives
– Lamb or Beef with Prunes or Other Dried Fruits
– Berber Tagine with Meat and Vegetables
– Stuffed Sardines – butterflied fillets are stuffed with chermoula
– Moroccan Meatball Tagine – mini-meatballs in homemade tomato sauce
– Moroccan Brochettes – Marinated tender cubes of beef or lamb cooked over charcoal
– Stewed Lentils – cooked with herbs and Moroccan spices
– Baqqula – mallow (or spinach) which is steamed then sauteed with herbs and spices
– Zaalouk – A dip-like cooked salad of eggplant and tomatoes
– Taktouka – A shakshuka like salad of tomatoes and peppers
– Assorted vegetable salads – chermoula marinade is a favorite treatment
– Moroccan Pastries – Assorted traditional cookies
– Young foodies age 6 and over are welcome to attend with an accompanying adult. We don’t allow children under the age of 6 at cooking classes due to safety issues.
– Please wear closed-toe shoes for your safety and comfort.
– You will be asked about food preferences during booking. This helps us to plan your menu.
– We can accommodate certain dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free and nut-free. However, cross contamination always remains a possibility. Please keep this in mind if you have a serious or life-threatening allergy. If you have other concerns, please contact us before booking to be sure that the class can be adapted to your needs.
– Traveling alone? We’d love to have you! Please select the Solo Participant ticket when booking.
Several days before your class, you’ll receive an email which will provide exact details of the class location, the name of your instructor, and a phone number. Please note that transportation is not included in your booking fee but your email will outline several options for you to consider.
Large Groups or Custom Class Requests
Online booking of this private lunchtime or dinnertime experience is limited to 6 participants. If you prefer to schedule the class at a custom time or need to book a large group or 7 or more, please make your request using the form on our Private Events page.
Half Day Cultural Tour with Guide and Driver
A Half Day Tour may be requested as an add-on when booking a lunchtime class. Once confirmed, it entitles the booking party (up to 6 participants) to four hours of guided Casablanca sightseeing, beginning with 3:00 p.m. pickup at your class location. Your itinerary is flexible and your guide will customize it to your interests and requests. You’re welcome to request shopping assistance, but please note that guides are unable to negotiate prices, particularly for large or big-ticket items such as rugs, furniture, paintings and other decor items.
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and take in the sights on a coastal drive along Casablanca’s corniche. Our destination? A fabulous lunchtime spread of grilled meats, offal, tagines and more.
An all-inclusive, full day experience that combines sightseeing with cultural and culinary activities. Perfect for those on a Casablanca shore excursion or for travelers looking for Casablanca arrival or departure activities.
Join a local in their Casablanca home for good food and conversation. You’ll be sitting down to an impressive family style Moroccan meal complete with entrées, sides, salads and dessert.